TMC Industries Inc. Privacy Statement
Effective as of May 23, 2018
TMC Industries Inc. (TMC) respects the privacy of its customers, business partners, and website visitors (collectively “you”). This document describes the information that we collect, how we obtain the information, and how we may use or disclose that information. This Privacy Statement also describes the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how individuals can contact us about our privacy practices.
TMC complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union to the United States.
This Privacy Statement covers our privacy practices with respect to the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information obtained through interaction with all TMC website properties.
You should review this Privacy Statement carefully, because if you do not agree with our practices, you should not use the TMC Websites. By using the TMC Websites, you accept and agree to our privacy practices.
For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, where not otherwise defined, the following terms have the meanings set forth:
“Customer” means any entity that purchases products or services from TMC.
“Providers” means third parties that host TMC Websites or provide services, features or information in connection with TMC Websites.
“Suppliers” means companies that are a part of TMC database of companies.
How We Collect Information
As further described below, we collect information from visitors to the TMC Websites and users of the TMC Services from several sources:
- Starting or completing and order from a TMC Website;
- fill out forms on a TMC Website;
- submit data and content via a TMC Website, participate in bulletin boards, engage in a chat, post a comment, participate in forums or other interactive features of a TMC Website or request further information or services from us, one of our Customers or other Suppliers listed on the site;
- enter a contest or promotion we sponsor;
- report a problem with a TMC Website;
- contact us;
- complete our surveys; or
- subscribe to our email newsletters.
We collect information from third parties as follows:
TMC may collect reporting and analytics information from third parties in connection with your use of the Services. We automatically collect information from you as you navigate through the TMC Websites.
TMC collects personal information on behalf of our Customers from visitors/users who:
- engage in e-commerce transactions via the Services;
- submit informational requests and requests for pricing or quotations from Customers.
Customers, not TMC, are obligated to obtain consent from Users to collect personal information for these purposes.
Information We Collect
We collect personal information including, without limitation, company name and address, mailing address, email address, IP address and telephone number.
We collect details about your website visits, including, but not limited to, your IP address, usage patterns, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access, as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your operating system and browser type.
In addition to the foregoing, TMC may collect information on behalf of Customers who have provided forms residing within the TMC Websites, namely
- Company name and address.
- User’s contact information including, first name, last name, phone number and email address.
- Payment information (credit/debit card information) in connection with an ecommerce transaction.
- Informational requests and requests for pricing or quotes.
- Transactional information about the user’s movements throughout the site.
- Demographic information about the user base as a whole.
How We Use Information Collected
We use information that we collect about visitors to the TMC Websites for the following purposes:
- To present TMC Websites and their contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device.
- To improve TMC Websites and catalogs.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and TMC, including without limitation, TMC Website Terms and Conditions.
- To notify you about changes to a TMC Website or obtain any required consent.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of a TMC Website you choose to do so.
- For industry analysis, benchmarking, analytics, marketing, and other business purposes.
- To track your browsing behavior, such as the pages you visited over time.
- To improve your content experience as a newsletter subscriber.
- To improve your TMC Website experience.
For example, TMC uses a third party for reporting and analytics to measure the effectiveness of our TMC Websites, marketing efforts for the TMC Websites (for example, the effectiveness of email promotions) and to identify areas for improvement.
Cookies and Other Forms of Automated Collection
We use “cookies” to help us improve the TMC Websites. A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on a visitor’s computer by the visitor’s web browser. We use session cookies while you are visiting to obtain information about your general Internet usage and to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our TMC Websites.
- Speed up your searches.
- Authenticate your access to various areas of a TMC Website.
- Recognize you when you return to a TMC Website.
- Track when you respond to surveys.
Sharing of Information We Collect
As set forth more fully above, we collect certain data when you use the Services. Except as expressly set forth herein, or with your explicit consent, we do not share, sell, rent or trade information collected through the Services with third parties for their promotional purposes.
We may disclose personal information that you provide to us via the Services to the following third parties:
- Contractors, business partners and service providers we use to support our business or who provide services on our behalf. Personal information is shared only to the extent necessary for the third party to provide specific services or functions. These third parties (and any subcontractors) are subject to strict data processing requirements and are restricted from utilizing, sharing or retaining your personal information for any other purpose.
- In the event of merger, acquisition, or any form of sale or transfer of some or all of our assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation), in which case personal information held by us about our website visitors will be among the assets transferred to the buyer or acquirer.
- Our Customers when we provide you with products and services you have requested.
- If you ask us to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you, we may use your personal information or permit selected third parties to use your personal information to provide you with such services.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to:
- Facilitate communications with you or between you and the companies that appear on the TMC Websites or newsletters.
- Comply with any court order or other legal obligation.
- Government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (such as subpoena requests)
- Enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions or terms of any other agreement, including agreement between Customer and TMC pursuant to which the Customer purchased access to the Service.
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of TMC, our Customers, and our Customer’s website visitors or others.
- Prevent or stop activity we consider to be illegal or unethical.
To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties as part of legal process.
Users may withdraw consent at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located in the emails sent by TMC or via your user preference settings. For more information, see the section; Communication Preferences and Choices below.
Public Forums and Comments
Your contributions in public forums, including comment threads, are posted on and transmitted to other visitors of the TMC Websites at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other visitors of the TMC Websites with whom you may choose to share your contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the TMC Websites. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of your contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other websites. Proper access and use of information provided on the TMC Websites, including your contributions, is governed by the TMC Website Terms and Conditions and known or suspected violations should be reported to TMC via email at store@TMCindustries.com. We recommend that you do not share personal information in your contributions.
If you ask us to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you, we may use your personal information to provide you with such services. Users may withdraw consent at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located in the emails sent by TMC or via your user preference settings. For more information, see the section; Communication Preferences and Choices below.
Transfers of Personal Data
TMC complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss – U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information transferred from the European Economic Area and Switzerland to the United States. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework and the scope of TMC’ participation, please visit the Department of Commerce’s website, located here. With respect to personal information received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, TMC is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation
TMC limits collection of personal information to the information that is relevant for the purposes of processing and we will not process such personal information in a way that is incompatible with the purposes for which it has been collected or subsequently authorized by you. To the extent necessary for those purposes, we will also take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and current.
TMC maintains reasonable and appropriate measures to protect the personal information obtained through the Service from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You may send us an email at store@TMCindustries.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us in connection with the Website. We will make reasonable efforts to respond to such requests, but reserve the right to enforce reasonable limits in cases where the legitimate rights of persons other than the individual would be violated or where the burden or cost of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the individual's privacy.
Communication Preferences and Choices
We provide certain choices regarding the information website visitors provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information when using the TMC Websites. If you do not wish to have your email address used for promotional purposes by TMC, you may withdraw consent at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located in the emails sent by TMC or by contacting TMC at: store@TMCindustries.com.
Third Party Websites and Applications
This Website may link to websites that are not owned or controlled by TMC. As such, this Privacy Statement does not apply to information collected on any third-party site or by any third-party application that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Changes to Our Privacy Statement
TMC reserves the right to update or change this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we make material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you through an appropriate online notice (and obtain your consent where required by applicable law). Your continued use of the Website or Service is deemed to be acceptance of any updates or changes we make to this Privacy Statement and as such, we ask that you review the Privacy Statement periodically for any updates or changes that we may have made.
To ask questions or comment about this Privacy Statement and our privacy practices or if you need to update, change or remove your information, contact us at:
store@TMCindustries.com, or TMC Industries Inc. Attn: Webmaster, 1423 Mill Lane, Waconia, MN 55387