DuPont™ Vertrel® SFR - Specialty Fluid
DuPont™ Vertrel® SFR is an azeotrope-like blend of non-flammable
hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs), trans-1,2-dichloroethylene (t-DCE) and
DuPont™ Vertrel® SFR has
excellent solvency power for a wide range of soils. It is designed to
remove high temperature fluxes used with no lead and no clean solders.
The low surface tension and non-flammability properties of DuPont™
Vertrel® SFR make it an ideal vapor degreasing solvent.
DuPont™ Vertrel® SFR is a non-ozone depleter and is intended to replace trichloroethylene (TCE), n-propyl bromide (nPB), HCFCs, HFEs, PFCs, and CFCs as well as other solvents that do not have the favorable safety, health, and environmental properties. DuPont™ Vertrel® SFR can also replace aqueous cleaners in certain instances where floor space and cleanliness are at a premium.
EnvironmentalDuPont™ Vertrel® SFR has "zero" ozone depletion
and low global warming potential.
Vertrel® SFR is accepted by the US Environmental Protection Agency under the Significant New Alternatives Policy (SNAP)
program as a substitute for ozone-depleting substances (solvent category).
Features and Benefits
DuPont™ Vertrel® SFR does a good job balancing performance with favorable environmental and worker safety properties:
- Excellent solvency power (KB Value>100): Superior cleaning performance;
- Fast drying: Increases productivity;
- Low tension: Able to penetrate and clean tight areas;
- Compatible with most plastics, elastomers, and metals;
- Low toxicity;
- Zero ozone depletion potential;
- Low global warming potential;
- Existing equipment can be used with minor or no modification;
- No surfactants needed: Residue free cleaning is promoted.