DuPont™ Vertrel® SDG Specialty Fluid
DuPont™ Vertrel® SDG is an engineered mixture of non-flammable hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs) and trans-1,2-dichloroethylene (t-DCE).
DuPont™ Vertrel® SDG is designed to replace trichloroethylene (TCE) and n-propyl bromide (nPB); and perform in applications where maximum cleaning power is needed. It can also be used as a substitute for other cleaners such HCFC-225 and its blends, HCFC-14 lb, HFEs, PFCs, CFCs, and aqueous cleaners when safety and environmental concerns and/or floor space and cleanliness are a premium.
DuPont™ Vertrel® SDG has excellent solvency power for a wide range of soils including oils, greases, waxes and hydraulic fluids. The high solvency power, low surface tension and non-flammability properties of DuPont™ Vertrel® SDG make it an ideal ultrasonic vapor degreasing solvent.
DuPont™ Vertrel® SDG is ideal for a wide range of
cleaning applications including:
- Oil, grease, and wax removal
- Silicone carrier fluid
- Silicone grease removal
- Precision cleaning
DuPont™ Vertrel® SDG has "zero" ozone depletion potential and low global warming potential. Vertrel® SDG is accepted by the US Environmental Protection Agency under the Significant New Alternatives Policy (SNAP) program as a substitute for ozone-depleting substances (solvent category).
Features and Benefits:
DuPont™ Vertrel® SDG does a good job balancing performance with favorable environmental and worker safety properties.
- Excellent solvency power (KB Value = 95):
- Superior cleaning performance
- Good solvency for silicone fluids
- Fast drying: Increases productivity
- Low surface tension: Able to penetrate and clean tight areas
- Compatible with most plastics, elastomers, and metals
- Can be used with ultrasonics
- Low Toxicity
- Zero ozone depletion potential
- Low global warming potential
- Existing equipment can be used with minor or non modification
- No surfactants needed: Residue free cleaning is promoted.
For More Information