Asahi Glass AK-225 Precision Cleaning Solvents
|AsahiKlin AK-225 Precision Cleaning Solvents are hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs) that were designed to replace
chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs), perfluorocarbons (PFCs) and other HFCs that had higher ozone depletion potential. AK-225 solvents have lower global warming
potential (370) than PFCs and HFCs, however, they are being phased out of production to minimize damage to the ozone layer [see phaseout note].
Their selective solvency, physical
properties and ability to form azeotropes made AK-225 solvents good for
general and precision cleaning, drying, dewatering and defluxing
applications, as well as carriers for silicone and
Six standard formulations were available:
- AK-225 for precision cleaning, as a carrier fluid, for cooling and for other applications where CFC-113, HCFC-141b and PFCs were utilized.
- AK-225 AES, AK-225 T and AK-225 ATE for defluxing, drying and other applications where CFC-113/alcohol azeotropes and HCFC-141b/alcohol azeotropes were used.
- AK-225 DH for displacement drying.
- AK-225 FPL for removing dust particulate and certain types of mold release agents from acrylic resin, stressed polycarbonate and ABS resins.
AK-225 / HCFC 225 Scheduled Phaseout
- 100 percent VOC-free
- Reduced global warming potential (370)
- Low surface tension (16.2 dyne/cm, 25 °C) and viscosity (0.59 cp, 25 °C)
- Short drying time and excellent finish of cleaned parts
- Non Flammable, low acute toxicity and highly stable
- Broad compatibility with most plastics, elastomers, substrates and metals
- Six grades formulated for specific applications
- Cleaning of high-precision plastic and electronic components such as
reflector glasses for laser printers, audio and video heads, and lenses
- Solvent carrier for silicone oils, hard disk lubricants, fluorinated greases and anti-rust agents
- Defluxing of printed circuit boards
- Drying element in aqueous system or as part of hydrocarbon cleaning process
- Refrigeration coolant and carrier solvent
- Precision cleaning of molded resin (components for copiers, cellular phones, camera parts, etc.)
- Dewatering of optical components
- Precision cleaning of delicate substrates
For More Information